One of the hardest things about going back to school is getting back into the swing of things… It’s hard for children and parents, who have had months away from the rigidly scheduled days of classes, homework, sports practice and other extracurricular activities.
Here are a few tips to make it easier for everyone!
- Clean out your child’s closet and get rid of clothes that don’t fit.
- Buy School Supplies early to take advantage of sales. Consider donating supplies to a less fortunate school at the same time.
- Post a central calendar to keep track of family events.
- Layout clothes, pack lunches and organize backpacks each night before a school day.
- Start getting up early a week or two before school starts.
- Set up a cubby, locker, box or shelf for each child to store all gear.
- Designate a quiet place for studying and rules for what time homework needs to start.
- Go through backpacks together as soon as your child gets home.
- Delegate chores ahead to keep the house running smoothly.
- Make and freeze dinners ahead of time to help keep down stress.
Wishing everyone a happy and successful school year! – Deb Kerr